Social Media Advertising: Tapping the internet savvy audience
The impact of digitization and internet penetration has been huge on both rural and urban audience. With smart phones offering apps for shopping, networking, health management, dating and much more, the era is owned by internet and digital breathing generation. The advertisers and brands too have turn to internet advertising to make their presence felt as the target audience spend most of their time using internet via smart phones or other devices such as laptops and tabs.
Most popular Social networking platforms among young adults:
Type of internet ads that can be rolled out on social media platforms:
- Photo advertisements
- Video advertisements
- Carousel advertisements (accommodates up to 10 photos or videos in one advertisement)
- Slideshow advertisements
- Bumper ads (these ads automatically play either at the start, in-between or at the end of the video. These are very short ads and cannot be skipped)
Social Media advertising is crafted for segmented audience:
- Advertisers pick user information to present highly relevant content.
- The engaging short-duration ads are created for viewers based on their demographics, psychographics and browsing patterns.
- The advertisers track ‘search history’ and ‘most-searched items’ of the social media users to present ads related to similar products and services.
Social Media Advertising aims at:
- Higher brand recall
- Positive brand image
- Promoting brand loyalty
- Converting potential buyers into brand consumers
Social Media Advertising is data-driven which makes it more accurate, relevant and measurable. The ads embedded in the social media platform itself attract the user attention inevitably. Keeping in mind the global social media networking trend and rising users of the same, the advertisers believe them to be never ending phenomenon.