The state of Chhattisgarh is located in Central India and is surrounded by 9 states. Hence the floatation of the public is more. There is a myth that it is a place of 36 forts though actual evidence is not known to date. Chhattisgarh being a state with historical importance, abundant natural resources, and tourist attractions encourages creativity. The city is developing at a fast rate and hence is an ideal place for advertising. Not everyone can establish themselves without proper research in the field. A focus on the benefits and challenges involved will help plan for OOH media advertising.
What are the benefits of OOH media advertising?
OOH media includes the usage of billboards, posters, radio, television, transit, etc for the promotion of products/services. The following are some of the benefits that can be enjoyed by OOH media advertising:
- Delivery of message: As the media used for advertising has the capacity of attracting many, the message delivery will reach a lot of people. Though technology has changed, people still use the media like radio and television. So, all the medias used in delivering the messages have their equal share in promoting the products/services.
- Exposure: It is very difficult to avoid big banners, posters, or billboards when something interesting is being advertised. When such media are used, the message delivered is bold and loud, and very difficult to avoid viewing OOH media advertisements. Similarly, usage of transit advertising like placing advertisements on the bus, trains, autos, etc. also attracts the public’s view. Hence the benefit of exposure can be enjoyed by appropriate usage of OOH media.
- Retention of public interest: The OOH media advertising can be used to retain the public interest. The media like radio and television can be used to promote products/services at regular intervals between various programs.
What are the challenges of OOH media advertising?
- Choice of OOH Media: Though many OOH media are available they cannot be placed everywhere. The choice of media plays an important role in advertising. If billboards are used for promotion, they should be placed on highways or in main market areas where the public flow is more. In the case of the posters, they should be pasted in a neat environment as any wrong placement will damage the image of the product.
- Government approvals: Placement of billboards requires prior approval of the concerned government authorities. As many activists think that excess placement of billboards leads to public distraction and thereby occurrence of accidents, a restriction has been imposed on the placement of billboards. Hence, this becomes the biggest challenge as appropriate approvals are required.
- Quality of the advertisement: As Chhattisgarh is a tourist attraction, the advertisements should not disturb the peace and beauty of the state. Rather it should be in such a way that the OOH media should promote the products/services and simultaneously safeguard the pride of the state. Hence, it is a challenge for the marketing team to promote the products/services according to the requirement of the state while facing competition from the competitors.
Conclusion: Just like a coin has two sides, every concept has two aspects – benefits and challenges. A balance between the two will help to succeed.
OOH Hoardings / Billboard locations In Chennai
|Airport Road in Chennai||Hoardings||Towards Kathipara||30X20 Feet||₹ 420000 Per Month|
|Airport Departure Hall in Chennai||Hoardings||Inside the Airport||40X20 Feet||₹ 300000 Per Month|
|Guindy Kathibara in Chennai||Hoardings||Towards DLF City||90X36 Feet||₹ 340000 Per Month|
|Mount Road Nandanam in Chennai||Hoardings||Teynampet Towards Airport||18X40 Feet||₹ 425000 Per Month|
|Mount Road Wallajah Signal in Chennai||Hoardings||Beach Towards||30X10 Feet||₹ 165000 Per Month|
|Santhome Light House in Chennai||Hoardings||Towards Marina||15X20 Feet||₹ 105000 Per Month|
|Adyar LB Road in Chennai||Hoardings||Towards Mylapore||15X15 Feet||₹90000 Per Month|
|Eldams Road in Chennai||Hoardings||Towards T.Nagar||15X25 Feet||₹ 75000 Per Month|
|OMR Siruseri in Chennai||Hoardings||Towards Sholinganallur||50X25 Feet||₹ 185000 Per Month|
|OMR Padur in Chennai||Hoardings||Towards kelambakkam||20X25 Feet||₹ 55000 Per Month|