Outdoor Advertising: A new trend in Industry
Advertising today has taken a new shape. In this 21st century it’s not limited to only local newspapers and television channels. Outdoor advertising plays one of the biggest roles in this. But what is Outdoor Advertising after all? In simple words, it’s all sorts of advertising that’s done outdoor i.e, out-of-home hence also known as out-of-home (OOH) advertising.
This concept is simple yet it generates huge profits for the businesses when advertised in the correct manner and correct places. Types of different Outdoor advertising:
- Billboard advertising
- Transit (Bus, taxi, train, etc)
- Public furniture (Street furniture, bus benches, etc)
- Point of Sale Displays
This simple yet powerful concept of advertising has lots of benefits.
Benefits of Outdoor advertising:
- Creates high impact – Visible to consumers at all time in 24 hours.
- Cost effectiveness – Transit advertising cost comparatively less and creates awareness about the products and service to most passengers or bystanders.
- Reaches mass audience – Creates brand awareness without focusing on only a single category of consumers.
Focused and practical marketing is very necessary to generate revenue. Hence, few things to keep in mind:
- Make a thorough analysis of the product or service for which the advertising would be done. Example, the product or service should not be anything illegal, inhumane or hurt any religious sentiment by its public display.
- Check out the options (billboard, transit, etc) which would be apt for the particular product or service. Example, if any children’s product needs to be advertised then school buses, taxis, bus benches near the schools would be a better option. This would ensure that the advertisement reaches most of the consumers who are willing to, or in need of that particular children’s product.
- Plan out the cost for the advertisement. Example, transit advertising would be less costly in comparison to billboard advertising in some cases.
- Keep it short and simple. Example, people will not spend time to read detailed descriptions on the go for any product or services. Time is too precious. Display some catchy lines or pictures that would attract the attention and pass on the message about the product or service in just few seconds.
If all these things are kept in mind while advertising any product or service outdoor then it would definitely increase the business profit and value. The outdoor advertising report is generated after considering various points like market demand, current market scenario, business strategies etc. Various big and developed countries are using this approach for business.
Cost of Outdoor Advertising In Chennai
|Mode of Advertising||Size (In Sq. Feet)||Rates ( Start from)|
|Bus Shelter||12x8||₹ 1,20,000|
|Metro Pillar||12x8||₹ 18,000|
|Digital OOH||10x10||₹ 30,000|
FAQ’s for Outdoor Advertising in India-
All forms of advertising which is carried out outdoors, eg. Outdoor Hoardings, outdoor billboards, various Transit media advertising like Bus Branding, Train advertising, Car branding, Pole kiosk advertising, Gantry Ads etc. comes under category of “Outdoor Advertising”.
Outdoor Hoardings in India are considered as Traditional form of Advertising which is highly relevant in today’s times as well. Other options of outdoor advertisement in India are Transit Media, Tech Park Ads, and Bus Shelters etc.
Hoardings are big size display boards which you often see on the roadside. Hoardings provide ad spaces to advertisers to showcase their products and services and are usually owned by Private players, Government Municipal bodies, various corporates etc.
No. There are many illegal Hoardings that have come up in Indian cities. Government Municipal corporations continuously work to address the menace of illegal Hoardings in order to safeguard the interests of genuine media owners who pays legitimate taxes to the government.
MyHoardings.com is a platform that gives you the facility to check the prices of the Hoardings in India, location of the Hoardings, the size and the type of Billboard before booking them online. Please contact us at + 91 9953-847639 to check the availability of the India Hoardings you have selected.
How do we know whether a particular Hoarding is available in India for the tenure I am looking out?
MyHoardings.com will provide you campaign start and end date images. We also provide paid monitoring service in case client need continuous monitoring of the Outdoor Media on display.
Average cost of advertising on Hoardings depends on many parameters like, the locality of the Hoardings, Size of the Billboard, whether it is Lit or Non-Lit, the time of year when the ad has to be placed. Usually rates are high during festive season when various brands have more marketing budget to improve their sales figures.
It again depends on various factors. Usually average size Hoardings are booked for a normal period of one month however there are Billboard sites which are located on very premium locations and come up with a very huge amount for advertising, are also available to be booked for single one day, weekly etc.
Lit hoardings are the ones which are illuminated by electricity during late evening and night hours so that they are visible to people who you see them during night as well. Non-Lit hoardings on the other hand are the ones which have good visibility only during the day, but don’t provide much impact during the night it in absence of electricity.
Front Lit Hoardings are illuminated using bulbs/LED that are placed in front of the Billboard and flashes light on the Hoarding, However in case of backlit Hoardings the source of light is behind the Hoarding rather than in front.
What are the costs involved in a booking of India Outdoor Hoardings advertisement space? Are the prices mentioned above final?
Total rental comprises of Rental + Printing + Mounting + Taxes (Monitoring Extra). The rentals for hoarding in India are subject to changes depending on various factors. We encourage you to contact MyHoardings at +91 995384-7639 or drop us an email at business [at] myhoardings.com to confirm final rates.
MyHoardings.com will be happy to be your End-to-End advertisement partner in India .We take care from designing to printing to mounting of billboards. For complete services, we want to ensure your ad campaign goes live without any glitches and provide you the maximum ROI for your investments on marketing.
What is the minimum quantity to be ordered if we want to book billboards in India for advertising our brand?
Usually a single Hoarding can also be booked for advertising purposes.
What happens in case the Billboard gets damaged due to natural phenomena like Rain, Thunderstorm or Floods? Who has to bear the damage?
In case of natural disasters when the ad on display Hoardings get damaged, Client have to bear printing and mounting charges and “Advertisement” can be displayed for the booked space until rental period ends, without any issues.
Yes. The ad creative can be changed while the campaign is live. However printing and mounting charges has to be additionally borne by the client for the same. Minimum campaign duration in such cases is 1 month.