Karnataka is renowned for its high-tech industrial environment, grand shopping malls and vibrant night life. The southwest state in India, offers enormous branding and advertising opportunities through various mediums. However, the heritage and wildlife parks of the state attract tourists from all over the world giving out-of-home advertising a distinctive opportunity to connect with the wide audience as compared to any other advertising medium.
Let’s discuss the benefits and challenges of OOH advertising in Karnataka:
- OOH media is generally large format media which cannot be skipped or ignored easily. The posters, banners, billboards, digital screens etc attract the people on roads easily through large visuals.
- Outdoor media tap the audience’s attention in real time in the real environment. For instance POS (point of sale) ads trigger the audience to take the buying decision instantly when both the product and the advertising message is displayed at a single shelf.
- People perceive OOH media as a very credible source of information as the brand message is displayed out in public eye.
- OOH media excites the audience, gives them new hope and brightens up the mood instantly. For example, if a 50% sale announcement of premium brand is displayed through a big banner near the market area it will excite the shoppers who will be happily surprised to see the ad. The shoppers will immediately reach the shop to check the offers and will make purchase as they are already in the happy and excited mood.
- OOH offers a clutter-free environment. Be it print, electronic or digital, these domains play ads one after the other of different brands as per ad space bought by the brands. But with OOH advertising, the brands can dominate a single location for long duration to drive attention and for building strong brand reinforcement.
- The advent of digital out-of-home media helps the brands to target the audience in real time. The digital outdoor hoardings and screens, display ads according to changing variables such as time, location and audience behaviour. The data collected is used to target segmented audience in real time and environment.
- Last but not the least, OOH media of any kind is highly cost-effective than any other traditional mass media like print or electronic.
- The biggest challenge for survival of outdoor ad is the durability of the ad. Indian weather conditions make it tough for outdoor media like hoarding, billboards and digital screens to work effectively. However, new age materials like flex boards, vinyl sheets and weather resistant screens save the media from getting tarnished in harsh weather conditions.
- Packed prime locations make it difficult for the brands to acquire space at the right time at right location for promotion through outdoor media. The greater the demand of the display at prime location, higher will be the price to book the advertising space.
- Difficult to keep a check on anti-social elements who might scribble, paint or rip-off the ads displayed at approachable heights.
- The increased usage of smart phones acts as a distraction. People tend to scroll phones while in the car or on streets. This might distract the audience to notice the outdoor ad as they are already engrossed in their phones and might surpass the outdoor ad unknowingly.
Cost of Outdoor Advertising In India
|Mode of Advertising||Size (In Sq. Feet)||Rates ( Start from)|
|Bus Shelter||12x8||₹ 1,20,000|
|Metro Pillar||12x8||₹ 18,000|
|Digital OOH||10x10||₹ 30,000|