Share of airport advertising in smaller cities of India
The Airport Advertising is fast catching up than the traditional Out of Home (OOH) Advertising. The main focus is the Tier I and II cities. Few observations and thoughts have been penned down below by Managing Director, Atin Promotions & Advertising Private Limited, Atin Gupta – who handles airports and airlines advertising rights.
- With the advent of better options, customized offerings and innovations have not only increased awareness but also have become the norm for more and more advertisers to open up to the concept of airport advertising.
- Comparatively airport advertising is more popular than airline advertising. The reason being it has been in the market for around 15-16 years whereas airline advertising has recently come into business, around 7-8 years back. But to increase airline advertising, special rate cards and good deals are being offered to the advertisers.
- There is an increase in 15% of the budget for airport advertising in the overall category of outdoor advertising.
- It’s a challenge to get clients to advertise in the small airports, but those who have seen the effectiveness, opt for airport advertising.
- Due to less number of passengers in the smaller airports and limited budgets, there are only standard light boxes or billboards. But with the increase in the number of footfalls, there is a high chance of innovation in the airport advertising.
- Talking about revenue, only around 8-10% when compared to the overall revenue comes from small town airports. But the major advertisers in Tier I and II airports are the Public sector, retailers and some major advertisers.
- Although digital airport advertising is present in Metro cities airports, yet for smaller airports, instead of spending in digital advertising, brands like to invest in choosing strategic locations which offer them maximum or 100% visibility.
- Some of the examples of innovation and experimental airport and airline advertising – an activity was done with Schmitten chocolates inside airline. Some flyers were engaged with selfie opportunity with those chocolates and its impact got accelerated upon posting those photos on social networking sites. It gave positive overwhelming response and hence this activity was extended from one month to six months. At the airports different festivals are celebrated which helps in the brands to participate. Also the huge spaces and different set ups like planters helps in advertising in a great way.
- Not too many challenges are faced for airport advertising but the continuous and consistent innovations would help in the increase and overwhelming response for airport advertising in India.
Although Airport advertising is costlier than regular out of home advertising, yet it’s considered to be the most affordable since it reaches out to the target customers – elite, educated and high-end travelers. Hence, airports everywhere are preferred by the brands for this very reason. This form of advertising creates a high impact for both the domestic and international consumers.
List of Top Airports in India to Promote your Brand
|Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport||Mumbai|
|Indira Gandhi International Airport||Delhi|
|Kempegowda International Airport||Bangalore|
|Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport||Kolkata|
|Rajiv Gandhi International Airport||Hyderabad|
|Anna International Airport||Chennai|
|Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport||Ahmedabad|
|Goa International Airport||Goa|
|Pune International Airport||Pune|
|Cochin International Airport||Kochi|
Contact MyHoardings at +91 995384-7639 for advertising on below Airports in India
- Airport Branding at Agra Airport in Uttar Pradesh
- Airport Advertisement at Maharaja Bir Bikram Airport Airport in Agartala, Tripura
- Airport Advertisement at Bhavnagar Airport in Gujarat
- Airport Branding at Chandigarh Airport in Punjab
- Airport Advertisment at Dibrugarh Airport in Assam
- Airport Branding at Dimapur Airport in Nagaland
- Airport Advertising at Gaya Airport in Bihar
- Airport Advertising at Gorakhpur Airport in Uttar Pradesh
- Airport Advertising at Gwalior Airport in Madhya Pradesh
- Airport Branding at Bir Tikendrajit Airport at Imphal Airport in Manipur
- Airport Advertisement at Rani Durgawati International Airport at Jabalpur Airport in Madhya Pradesh
- Airport Advertisement at Rowriah Airport at Jorhat in Assam
- Airport Advertisement at Kanpur Airport in Uttar Pradesh
- Airport Advertisement at Lilabari Airport in Assam
- Airport Branding at Lucknow Airport in Uttar Pradesh
- Airport Advertisement at Madurai Airport in Tamil Nadu
- Airport Branding at Pantnagar Airport in Uttarakhand
- Airport Advertisement at Patna Airport in Bihar
- Airport Branding at Porbandar Airport in Gujarat
- Airport Advertising at Prayagraj Airport in Uttar Pradesh
- Airport Branding at Rajkot Airport in Gujarat
- Airport Advertising at Birsa Munda Airport at Ranchi in Jharkhand
- Airport Advertisement at Umroi Airport at Shilong in Meghalaya
- Airport Advertising at Silchar Airport in Assam
- Airport Advertisment at Surat Airport in Gujarat
- Airport Branding at Tezpur Airport in Assam
- Airport Advertisement at Tirupati Airport in Andhra Pradesh
- Airport Branding at Vadodara Airport in Gujarat
List of Advertising Media on Indian Airports –
Airport Media Type
Minimum Ad Duration
Rates / Month (* Onwards)