Beautiful historical monuments, scrumptious cuisine, and IT companies are the essence of Hyderabad city but Hyderabad metro network is the source that instills life in this fast-paced city. The metro network has been designed to reduce traffic congestion and to facilitate local commuters. The metro rail covers a distance of 72kms across the city. The metro route is designed in such a way that it covers the crucial areas of the city like the market areas, IT clusters, residential localities etc. The metro track is divided into three lanes, Red line, Blue line and Green line. The average daily footfall of Hyderabad metro train 4, 90,000 as reported in February 2020.
Apart from offering comfortable travel to local citizens, the Hyderabad metro train also offers discreet advertising opportunities. The metro coaches are spacious, comfortable and well-lit which offer a receptive advertising scenario.
Advertising through digital screens in Hyderabad metro train –
The metro train offers two major advertising options:
- Internal branding: The metro coaches can be used effectively to communicate with the travelers by using digital screens inside the metro for displaying advertisements. The high-resolution digital screens are mounted usually at the eye level to get maximum attention from the passengers traveling via metro train.
- External branding: Advertising outside metro train grabs the unavoidable attention of the passengers waiting for the train at the station. The external branding at metro station includes train wraps, and hoarding, billboards and digital screens at the metro station are waiting areas and food court.
Digital screens in Hyderabad metro coaches as well s at metro station has unmatched benefits:
- Digital screens are very interactive as they can play both advertisements in both video and audio format.
- The screens can be monitored remotely and advertisers have full control over what to play on screens and when to play. This enables the advertisers to carefully select and play the content for selected audience at different metro stations.
- Digital metro ads aims at crowd targeting as the ad is viewed by many people at one time. This trigger brand awareness and high brand recall.
- The daily metro travellers such as office goers, schoolchildren and college students, watch the digital ads frequently while travelling and thereby, developing strong brand familiarity.
- As digital screens inside the metro coaches are placed at a space that is watchable by majority of people in the metro cabin, the advertising message reaches the maximum audience.
Hyderabad metro advertising is highly beneficial as it has a high footfall of passengers from different backgrounds. The passengers might include daily travelers as well as one time travelers. Therefore, the advertisers can turn this variable into an opportunity to target mass audience through interactive advertising. The minimum time spent by a passenger in a metro station is 3 minutes and the maximum is 30 minutes. This travel time can be easily utilized to make the audience watch an ad on any digital screen in the metro coaches.