ROI booster for your Ad Campaign – Train advertisement
Railway advertising has been a prominent outdoor advertising media for ages and its importance and relevance has only risen with the advent of new technology. In the times where various transit media options like cab service, metro trains, buses and private vehicles are highly preferred means of transportation, it might come as a surprise that Indian Railways serves 30million people on daily basis all over the country. People use railway services for both long and short distances. According to a survey conducted on the Indian railway travelers, 83% use railway for short distances. The diverse audience profile of railway travelers helps the advertisers to design a communication message that fits them and connect them to the brand effectively.
Audience profile of Railway travelers
- 37% of the total travelers are women
- 69% of travelers own and use smart phones
- Middle income travelers looking for opportunities to enhance their standard of living.
- Attracted by messages on education, real-estate, e-commerce, auto-mobiles, banking and financial investments.
- Access digital media to gain information
- Majority of travelers lie in the age group of 20-45 years.
Benefits of Railway Advertising in India
- Wide reach and high exposure.
- Takes the brand message to target audience spread across the train route.
- Dwell time at railway stations and travel time to reach the destination can be effectively used to communicate brand message to the target audience.
- Once the passengers are seated and start their journey to reach their destination, they are in relaxed mood and positive mind state which help the brands to communicate the brand message more effectively.
Different ways of engaging target audience through railway advertising:
- Platform hoardings and banners.
- Product sample distribution and live demos in train and at platforms.
- Standees at the entrance and exit points of railway stations.
- Train wrap ads/ full train exterior branding
- Radio announcements at platforms
- LED Panels and Digital screens
Railway advertising in India is highly effective as it tries to grab the audience’s attention while they are travelling. The Train advertisement reaches both urban and rural audience of the country as it covers wide routes and destinations. The large displays and bright colors of railway advertising like that of train wrap ads, attract instant audience attention and build long lasting brand image in their minds.
Check out –
Advertising Options of Indian Railway Stations
|Ad Options on Stations
|Ads inside Trains