Television is already an impactful advertising medium, but the advent of regional channels has made it even more influential medium to reach specific audience. India is a secular country, different parts of our country has people with different cultural background, language and lifestyle. This diversity of our nation makes it a huge market for different brands, products and services. To target audience with consumer behaviour changing every few miles is difficult but with regional channels, targeting niche audience becomes very easy. Today we have channels for almost all spoken languages in India such as Hindi, English, Bengali, Kannada, Malayalam, Bhojpuri, Gujarati, Punjabi etc.
What are the various genres in which the regional channels are divided?
Regional channels are divided into various genres such as:
- Business Finance and Management
- Entertainment, Lifestyle and Fashion
- Gaming and sports
- Current affairs and news
- Mom and Kids
Most of these categories offer content in regional language to reach maximum viewers all over India. The brands can utilise these genres to target audience segmented on the basis of viewing habits and language spoken in a particular region of the country.
Top 5 TV Channels to advertise your brand in India
|TV Channel Name||Genre|
How to advertise on Bengali TV channels?
Major television networks such as Zee TV, Sony Entertainment Television, Doordarshan, Star TV, Sun Network and Asianet offer channels in various regional languages. The brands can choose the regional channel on which they wish to advertise themselves and can reach the specific audience. For instance if a cosmetic brand wishes to target Bengal region, they can create an advertisement using Bengali language, endorsed by Bengali celebrity and run that on any Bengali entertainment channel that has highest viewership.
Popular Bengali Channels of various networks:
- Zee Bangla
- Aakash Aath
- Colours Bangla
- Colours Bangla HD
- DD Bangla
- Sony Aath
- Star Jalsha
- Star Jalsha HD
- Sun Bangla
- Zee Bangla
- Zee Bangla HD
- Sun Bangla
- ABP Anada
- Channel 10
- Kolkata TV
- Calcutta News
- Republic Bangla
- News 18 Bangla
- High News
- Zee 24 Ghanta
What are the benefits of advertising on a Bengali TV channel?
- Niche targeting.
- Low advertising rates as compared to Hindi and English channels.
- Highly influential as the content seems more relatable when offered in native language.
- Strikes emotional and rational chord with the regional audience.
- Appropriate for both global an local brands
- Increases consumer conversion rate.
What are the various ways through which one can advertise in Bengali Channels?
- Video Ads: During the break time, the video of the advertisement is played on the selected channel. The ad can be of minimum 10 seconds.
- L-Bands: These advertising bands are thin strips that run horizontally at bottom of the screen. These lines carry one-line advertisement of various brands. The brands can choose the time and number of bands that will be displayed during a program. The L-band also called as Aston band has an exposure of at least 10 seconds/ viewer.
- Brand Integrations: These customised TV advertising options offered by channels according to the budget of the brands.
Leading sports TV channels in India
|Channel Name||Weekly Viewership (In Millions)||SD/HD Availability|
|Sony Ten 3||64||Yes|
|Sony Ten 1||45||Yes|
|Star Sports Hindi||37||Yes|
|Star Sports First||17||Yes|