In the race to catch the maximum audience attention, we all actively look for the most effective advertising solution for our brand. As a result, a host of new advertising media options have sprung up in the last few decades. These new advertising innovations have revolutionized the way people consume advertising media. The more traditional forms of outdoor advertising like billboards, hoardings gave way to transit advertising and then digital advertising. Interestingly, digital advertising has seeped into all kinds of advertising media. Nowadays, traditional hoardings Ad and OOH advertising has now become digitized as well as transit media. So, digital advertising has brought forth new life to these forms of old advertising media.
However, this does not mean that the good old traditional outdoor and transit media have gone out of relevance. As India thrives mostly in the rural regions, these kinds of advertising media options are very much relevant. Moreover, both these media options are staple advertising options when it comes to branding in rural India. Although rural people might look up to TV commercials more, transit and traditional hoardings are more relatable to them.
However, though similar in some regards, traditional hoardings ad and transit advertising are two distinct advertising options. They have their different features and benefits. The comparison can be broadly discussed as:
- Transit advertising is the kind where branding is done on the various transit options in a particular area. So, buses, trains, metros, cabs, autos, etc. are wrapped with brand ads. Transit advertising also includes advertising on railway platforms, metro stations, bus stands, etc.
- Transit advertising mostly targets the riders, passengers, and by-passers for brand advertising. This means that transit advertising provides high brand visibility daily.
- With a proper demographic strategy, transit advertising becomes highly efficient. Since transit ads sit directly on the line of the audiences’ view, they can hardly be ignored. Unlike a few other advertising options, transit ads can not be flipped through, fast-forwarded, or skipped. This means that transit advertising promises guaranteed brand impressions.
- Transit advertising is mostly mobile and takes brands to the places the transit mediums travel to.
- With a bit of alteration here and there, transit advertising is equally successful in both rural and urban India.
Traditional Hoardings Ad:
- Traditional hoardings ad is the most comprehensible form of advertising in our country. They are still relevant to date and are totally dependable. This is the reason why almost all brands include traditional hoardings ads in their campaign.
- Since traditional hoardings are one of the oldest forms of advertising, their impact is unparalleled. Studies show that brands get more outreach when they invest in traditional hoardings. On a similar note, strategically places hoardings have immense brand outreach and can boost the brand image.
- As hoardings are large in size, people spot them from far. So, missing an ad almost becomes impossible especially if they are placed in short intervals. Also, because of the large size of the hoardings, attractive graphics can garner more attention than most other advertisements.
- The cost per reach is one of the lowest in the case of traditional hoardings. This is because a large number of people view traditional hoarding ads. Therefore, traditional hoarding ads are also one of the most affordable forms of advertising today.
- Traditional hoarding ads tend to clock more ROI than most other media options.