5 Latest technologies to boost OOH advertising
Digitization of the outdoor advertising is making out-of -home advertising more receptacle and with latest technology powering the OOH media, the digital revolution is going better and bigger. Here is the list of new technological trends that are going to take OOH advertising to a step further in near future.
- Digital Billboards: Digital screens boost the interactive power of the traditional static billboards. The ads played on digital billboards are dynamic as they can be customized and controlled to target the right kind of audience.
- Beacons: Beacon advertising works on the basis of proximity of the audience and the marketer. Mainly used by retailers, the medium works on the basis of Bluetooth connection, same Wi-Fi network and other such media to deliver a message to the audience in proximity. For instance, a retailer at the airport can flash the promotional messages to the audience who are using the airport’s Wi-Fi network.
- Geo-Fencing: It is also location based advertising where the advertisers can target the audience when they enter a certain geographical area. The advertisers can read their locations and send out messages on smart phones.
- NFC (Near-field-communication): The technology uses wireless connection to transfer data between two devices by tapping or touching the two devices in the same field simultaneously.
- Digital Signage: The advertisers make use of digital screens where the product’s information can be accessed by touch screens. The digital signage are gaining popularity for being highly interactive.