India’s Digital OOH Market3 min read
The digital out-of-home advertising market in India is growing rapidly. As more people spend time outside their homes, DOOH advertising has become an effective way for brands to reach consumers. The DOOH market in India includes digital billboards, digital signage, transit advertising, and more.
According to a report by Research and Markets, the DOOH market in India was valued at $220 million in 2020 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.5% from 2021 to 2026. The growth of the DOOH market is being driven by factors such as the increasing adoption of digital advertising, advancements in technology, and the rising demand for personalized advertising.
Another report by Kinetic India suggests that digital advertising currently accounts for around 10-12% of the overall OOH advertising in India. However, this is expected to increase significantly in the coming years as more brands shift their advertising budgets toward digital platforms.
Some of the major players in the DOOH market in India include JCDecaux, Clear Channel Outdoor, Times OOH, and Laqshya Media Group. These companies are investing heavily in digital technology to offer innovative and engaging advertising solutions to their clients.
Overall, the DOOH market in India is expected to grow significantly in the coming years, driven by advancements in technology, changing consumer behavior, and the increasing demand for personalized advertising solutions.
Types of DOOH ads in India
Digital out-of-home (DOOH) advertising offers a wide range of advertising options for brands to reach their target audiences. Here are some of the most popular types of DOOH ads:
- Digital Billboards: These are large electronic displays that can be placed in high-traffic areas such as highways, shopping centers, and airports. They offer dynamic, eye-catching visuals and can be updated in real-time to display different ads.
- Digital Signage: These are digital screens that can be placed in public spaces such as malls, hospitals, and transportation hubs. They offer a flexible and engaging way to deliver targeted messages to specific audiences.
- Transit Advertising: This includes advertising on buses, trains, taxis, and other forms of public transportation. Digital screens and audio-visual advertising can be used to deliver messages to passengers.
- Interactive Displays: These are digital displays that allow users to interact with the content, such as touchscreens or motion sensors. They can be used to provide engaging and interactive experiences for customers.
- Ambient Advertising: This includes using digital screens in unconventional locations, such as on elevator doors, floors, or walls, to create unique and memorable advertising experiences.
- Digital Video Walls: These are large displays made up of multiple digital screens that can be used to create immersive and impactful brand experiences.
- Augmented Reality Advertising: This involves overlaying digital content onto the real world using a mobile device or other technology. It offers a highly engaging way to interact with customers and create memorable experiences.
- Programmatic Advertising: This involves using automated technology to deliver ads to targeted audiences in real-time. Programmatic advertising allows brands to reach specific audiences based on their demographics, location, and other factors.
Overall, DOOH advertising offers a wide range of creative and engaging options for brands to reach their target audiences. The choice of the type of DOOH ad will depend on the goals of the campaign, the target audience, and the available budget.