The never dying fate of traditional advertising media!6 min read
The never dying fate of traditional advertising media!
One might believe that in the era of digitization, custom advertising and data driven targeting, the traditional media exclusively television, print and radio might lose power and become history. But the truth is that the traditional media is still a credible and measurable source of reaching both rural and urban audience of India. It will never be left out when planning media mix for impactful advertising campaigns.
What makes traditional media an evergreen advertising medium?
- Part of the landscape: Every home has at least one TV set. They have become a part of any home’s interior landscape and therefore it stands as a medium that is available to mass audience in India.
- Routine viewing: TV is viewed by audience in a set routine. For instance, female homemakers have a routine of watching daily soaps, the office goer males watch news and other recreational channels after office hours and kids watch it after school time.
- Video is video: Be it on smart phone, laptop or TV, the content will have the same impact; the only thing that matters is how engaging and relevant the content is for the viewers.
- Presence: Print medium came in even before TV and has a deep rooted presence in the Indian society. It is an object that is dropped at every home early in the morning with information about the nation. Newspaper advertising makes sense because the advertised products and services are both local and global.
- Tangibility: The fact that one has the hard copy of the advertisement makes it more useful means of creating brand awareness. For instance, food menu pamphlets are often distributed along with main newspaper when there is a new outlet opening in the city. This helps the potentials consumers to reach the brand easily.
- Credibility: You must have heard people saying ‘it was in the papers’, this notion comes from the opinion that newspapers is a very credible source of information.
- Travellers’ delight: With the arrival of numerous private radio channels, radios have gained huge popularity among young adults. People who travel on daily basis for work consider radio as a medium of entertainment to easily pass their travel time.
- Plays with imagination: This is the only medium where you can hear everything and create pictures on your own. Therefore, this medium offers interactivity with listeners on their imagination level. They will build images and impressions of brands and products on the basis of their psychographics more than practical approach.
- Smartphone compatible: Every smart phone has an inbuilt radio app, which makes this medium easily approachable to masses.
Traditional advertising will never fail to disappoint the brands when it comes to building mass brand awareness and enhancing brand credibility. As they say old is gold; print, radio and television will always remain the trustworthy mediums of advertising.
Outdoor Advertising Rates in India
|Mode of Advertising||Size (In Sq. Feet)||Rates ( Start from)|
|Bus Shelter||12x8||₹ 1,20,000|
|Metro Pillar||12x8||₹ 18,000|
|Digital OOH||10x10||₹ 30,000|
FAQ’s for Out of Home Advertising in India-
All forms of advertising which is carried out outdoors, eg. Outdoor Hoardings, outdoor billboards, various Transit media advertising like Bus Branding, Train advertising, Car branding, Pole kiosk advertising, Gantry Ads etc. comes under category of “Outdoor Advertising”.
Outdoor Hoardings in India are considered as Traditional form of Advertising which is highly relevant in today’s times as well. Other options of outdoor advertisement in India are Transit Media, Tech Park Ads, and Bus Shelters etc.
Hoardings are big size display boards which you often see on the roadside. Hoardings provide ad spaces to advertisers to showcase their products and services and are usually owned by Private players, Government Municipal bodies, various corporates etc.
No. There are many illegal Hoardings that have come up in Indian cities. Government Municipal corporations continuously work to address the menace of illegal Hoardings in order to safeguard the interests of genuine media owners who pays legitimate taxes to the government.
Prices of hoardings in India are decided by location, size, lit/non-lit, number of footfalls in vicinity or the traffic etc.
MyHoardings.com is a platform that gives you the facility to check the prices of the Hoardings in India, location of the Hoardings, the size and the type of Billboard before booking them online. Please contact us at + 91 9953-847639 to check the availability of the India Hoardings you have selected.
How do we know whether a particular Hoarding is available in India for the tenure I am looking out?
MyHoardings.com will provide you campaign start and end date images. We also provide paid monitoring service in case client need continuous monitoring of the Outdoor Media on display.
Average cost of advertising on Hoardings depends on many parameters like, the locality of the Hoardings, Size of the Billboard, whether it is Lit or Non-Lit, the time of year when the ad has to be placed. Usually rates are high during festive season when various brands have more marketing budget to improve their sales figures.
It again depends on various factors. Usually average size Hoardings are booked for a normal period of one month however there are Billboard sites which are located on very premium locations and come up with a very huge amount for advertising, are also available to be booked for single one day, weekly etc.
Lit hoardings are the ones which are illuminated by electricity during late evening and night hours so that they are visible to people who you see them during night as well. Non-Lit hoardings on the other hand are the ones which have good visibility only during the day, but don’t provide much impact during the night it in absence of electricity.
Front Lit Hoardings are illuminated using bulbs/LED that are placed in front of the Billboard and flashes light on the Hoarding, However in case of backlit Hoardings the source of light is behind the Hoarding rather than in front.
What are the costs involved in a booking of India Outdoor Hoardings advertisement space? Are the prices mentioned above final?
Total rental comprises of Rental + Printing + Mounting + Taxes (Monitoring Extra). The rentals for hoarding in India are subject to changes depending on various factors. We encourage you to contact MyHoardings at +91 995384-7639 or drop us an email at business [at] myhoardings.com to confirm final rates.
MyHoardings.com will be happy to be your End-to-End advertisement partner in India .We take care from designing to printing to mounting of billboards. For complete services, we want to ensure your ad campaign goes live without any glitches and provide you the maximum ROI for your investments on marketing.
What is the minimum quantity to be ordered if we want to book billboards in India for advertising our brand?
Usually a single Hoarding can also be booked for advertising purposes.
What happens in case the Billboard gets damaged due to natural phenomena like Rain, Thunderstorm or Floods? Who has to bear the damage?
In case of natural disasters when the ad on display Hoardings get damaged, Client have to bear printing and mounting charges and “Advertisement” can be displayed for the booked space until rental period ends, without any issues.
Yes. The ad creative can be changed while the campaign is live. However printing and mounting charges has to be additionally borne by the client for the same. Minimum campaign duration in such cases is 1 month.
Can outdoor advertising agency in India like MyHoardings offer discounts for long term advertising campaigns?
Yes. You may ask MyHoardings.com representative for offers in case the Hoarding campaign in India is more than 3 months.
How do I know which advertisement media is suited best for my brand promotion in various Indian states?
MyHoardings provide end to end brand promotion services in India ranging from Target audience identification to Media planning, Media Buying and Media selection to campaign execution and monitoring services to report submission.