Top 5 Advertising Ideas to Promote Mid-Size Business!
Mid-Size businesses are on the stage where they have established themselves as a brand but their product or service has not reached the complete target audience. They are the ones who are willing to spend a fare share of money on advertising or promotions with a view to expand business and surpass the competition. However, the challenge is to design an advertising plan that fits the budget and generate desired results. Here is the list of top 5 advertising ideas that any mid-size business can implement and get great results:
Outdoor Hoardings /OOH promotions
To get maximum visibility, mid-size business should rely on outdoor promotion and advertisements; they can be a huge support to spread the word about your product or service in very less time. It catches the audience’s attention un-alarmed and that is why the brand message stays in their mind for longer duration.
Outdoor advertising options:
Key benefits of outdoor advertising:
- Mass reach and visibility
- Short, crisp and bold message draws attention of everyone out on the roads.
- If executed on the key locations where the target audience is present in huge number, then OOH advertising ensures high ROI (return on investment)
- Creates positive and premium image for brand advertised.
Although it falls under Outdoor advertising but transit advertising involves advertisements that are put up on public vehicles like bus, auto-rickshaw, trains, taxis etc. Through transit advertising the business owners can take their brand message to areas and localities where the target audience is spread. Transit advertising is highly beneficial as it lets you cover areas and locations where other outdoor mediums like hoarding, kiosks etc are either not allowed or are very expensive to book.
Key benefits of transit advertising include:
- Long and frequent exposure: An average bus ride or an auto-rickshaw ride would last for 15-30 minutes. Most of the commuters are students or employees who travel on daily basis to reach college or office respectively. The frequent and uninterrupted exposure to brand message for at least 15 minutes daily leads to high brand recall and strong brand familiarity.
- Geographic coverage: the best part about transit advertising is that you can cover the places and areas where other mediums fail to reach. Public transport like buses and auto-rickshaws cover every nook and corner of the city thus taking your brand message to both prime as well as unexplored localities.
- Budget friendly: Transit advertising is highly recommended for mid-size business as this is a very cost-effective medium. Through advertising on buses, auto-rickshaw and cabs, brands can achieve high exposure and reach with much less investment.
Digital campaigns on various platforms:
Another sure shot way to take your brand sales forward is to advertise digitally. Internet and digitization is the key to reach mass audience with least investment.
Digital advertising options:
- Social media promotions like running ad campaigns on popular social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn etc.
- Using digital media like digital hoardings, scroll screens, LED Display screens on key locations like prime markets, metro stations, railway platforms etc.
- Mobile adverting like in-app advertising, video ads, SMS ads etc.
- SEO optimization can also be used to promote your business digitally. Through SEO optimization, one can accelerate more website traffic. SEO optimization helps you be on the top results of any search made by visitors related to your business.
Key benefits of Digital advertising include:
- Cost-effective and budget friendly.
- Reaches specific target audience.
- Can lure the target audience through wide variety of digital ad formats like video, audio, static banners etc.
- Promotes quick call-to -action
- Can be highly supportive media mix component of any advertising campaign.
Another fruitful and cost-effective option to advertise your mid-size business is to be associate or sole sponsors of local events. Through sponsoring events and exhibitions in the key areas where the target audience is spread will help your brand become a household name. Mid-size business can sponsor small scale events like ‘kids fairs’, ‘ college events, trade fairs, music and dance festivals etc.
Last but not the least print media can extend the reach and visibility of your business without overloading your advertising business. One can make use of flyers, pamphlets, brochures and catalogs to create brand awareness.