What are the benefits of using a cloud-based system for DOOH advertising?3 min read
DOOH or digital-out-of-home advertising techniques are playing a major role in building the brand’s popularity. It not only entertains the public viewing it but also educates them by guiding them on the usage of the product that is advertised. Nowadays, the DOOH technique is becoming popular as it can be operated from a remote area. As the competition factor has become the main cause of concern for many advertisers, the advertisers are bound to change their display of advertisements to capture the public’s interest. Sometimes, the advertisers face a lot of problems in displaying the content on the display devices. In such a case, a suitable system like Wauly Pod is necessary to broadcast content. In this article, a focus on one such interesting thing is being done.
What is Wauly Pod?
Wauly pod is a cloud-based system specially designed to broadcast content to any available digital display devices. The working pattern of the system is very simple. All the content is sent through HTTPS. The system restricts users’ access to some features and one cannot enter any sort of data on the device directly. As the communication between the client and server is based on SSL (Secure Sockets Layer), an encrypted link is established between the browser and the webserver. Hence, the advertiser can rest in peace as the content is safe on the system.
What is the procedure to set up the Wauly Pod box?
The system box can work perfectly only when it is set up properly. The following steps will help in setting it up.
- The Wauly Pod box should be plugged into the display device. The device can be a TV, LED, or any other display device.
- Now this media box has to be connected to the TV using an HDMI cable.
- Check whether the media box is synchronized with the available WIFI. This can be done by choosing the setting menu.
- Once done, the user has to create an account by giving suitable login and password.
- Now the Wauly Pod media box is fully set.
Benefits of using a cloud-based system for DOOH advertising:
- Sometimes the advertiser has to do certain activities like update the content, change the settings or edit the playlist, etc. A point of caution required while using Wauly Pod system is that the advertiser should have good internet connectivity to make the required changes. However, when the content needs to be displayed on digital devices, internet connectivity is not required as the edited content is directly stored on the cloud system. So, the content will automatically be downloaded to the digital device that is connected to the Wauly Pod system. This content can also be displayed in offline mode.
- The playlist to be displayed can be defined by setting the duration and lifetime of the content.
- You can add the HTML5 content along with relevant videos or images in the playlist designed according to the need of the hour.
- Every user is given access to the system. So, viewing the complete data related to the account holder is possible. The data includes number of playlists played; total time consumed etc. One of the finest part of the system, is the report can be downloaded in the excel format for further analysis. The system permits the display of both static and video content.
Conclusion: The main aim of the advertiser is to convince the public with simple and innovative ideas. Time is a very valuable thing, so appropriate usage of technology at the right time will result in good benefits to the product/services.