Explore the latest segment of outdoor advertising: The Cab Branding!
For consumers cabs/ taxis are a budget friendly travel medium for both short and long distances. But for advertisers they open a whole new segment for effective advertising. Yes! Cab branding in India is the latest addition in the world of out-of-home (OOH) advertising. Taxi advertising is being seen as a passive medium of advertising where the commuters don’t see ads displayed as an interruption but as useful communication messages.
Taxi advertising and the audience connect
Taxi advertising is a refined way of communicating brand message.
- The advertiser’s aim should be that the passenger notices the ad, builds an impression in mind and recall the brand when making a purchase decision.
- The travel time, dwell time owing to traffic jam and traffic signals provides the advertisers the opportunity to interact with the target audience directly.
- As during the travel time, the consumer is calm, relaxed and in positive frame of mind, the brand message is also well received.
Taxi advertising in Ola cabs and Uber cabs
If you wish to get the maximum benefit from taxi branding than you must choose from either Ola cab or Uber cab for displaying your ads. These two are the most famous brands under cab services in India and are very popular among all sections of the society. However, advertising tactics can vary for both as these brands differ in terms of operation.
How to use OLA and Uber cabs for branding?
Ola cabs offers economic to luxury rides that can be booked via mobile app only. One can choose from Ola micro, mini, share, prime, rental and luxury category of vehicles according to their budget and number of people travelling. This category of vehicles offered by Ola Cabs help the advertisers to target different sections of the society. For instance a luxury cab can be used for elite brands while economy vehicles like Indicia are appropriate for FMCG brands. Ola cabs also offer’ Ola Play cabs’ which come along with mini LED displays for playing videos and songs while on the move. These LED screens can also be used for in-cab advertising.
Similarly, Uber cabs operate under four broad categories that include Uber Economy, Premium, Accessibility (for wheelchairs or equipped with car seats) and Carpool. The advertisers can target wide variety of audience through branding on different vehicles under Uber cab facility.
Ad placements and benefits through car branding
- In-side cab: The advertisers can make use of LED screens mounted on the back seats of the cab that are used by travellers for watching videos and listening to music. These touch screens can feature ads. One can also use the back of the car seats for pasting posters and keeping pamphlets.
- Car Wraps: The most popular way of taxi advertising is by putting the ad as a wrapper around the entire car length. This kind of placement attracts the eye-balls from far away. The visual impact of the creative ad on the cab is much impactful than any other medium.
- Car carriers: The advertisers can also use car carriers for branding purposes. The carriers have panels for mounting the ad display.
Be it Ola or Uber, the cab culture is new and gaining momentum in metro-semi and metro cities. These cabs offer comfortable and economical rides and offer a lucrative place where the advertisers can passively pitch in their communication message.