Rural Marketing in Uttar Pradesh
Advertising and branding has never seen a greater surge ever since its inception. Digital and social media has been a great ally in branding services the world over as the advent of the World Wide Web services has ushered in an era of Information Technology. India too has grown to be a major economy in the world riding high on the success of globalization and the boom in the information technology sector, but its status of being a developing country has not led to the complete fruition of the digitalization and hence, the complete mobilization of the country in the path of success.
The rural advertising market in the country too is suffering from the same issue. Though the urban areas and the smart cities in the country have progressed exponentially after the IT boom, the rural areas of the country are still unaffected by the changes brought in after the ascendance of the digital world. The rural people are still oblivious to the benefits and the ease of the digital and the social media. Therefore, business investors and companies find it hard to reach out to the rural populace of the country.
Branding in the rural areas of the country can be a quite challenging task to accomplish. The advertising agencies have to rely on the primitive ways of advertising while undertaking a rural branding project and in case of Uttar Pradesh, the rural marketing poses a lot of scope for business expansion as a major part of the population of the state are still the inhabitants of the villages which makes all the troubles worth the time and the effort.
Mentioned below are a few ways in which Rural marketing services can be undertaken in the state of Uttar Pradesh:
- Branding activities in and around the local market places: A banner or an eye-catching flex is sure to make an impression among maximum number of people in the villages who visit the market places once or twice a week to buy their daily supplies. Many villages exercise the ordeal of having a weekly or a bi-weekly bazaar. Hence, a standee or a kiosk at the local market place will ensure a greater engagement of the people with the brand and will help painting an image of the brand in their minds.
- A mobile advertising van: As the rural populace has limited access to the entertainment world, an audio-visual campaign of your brand in the villages can work in your favor. The rural dwellers are still not saturated by the continuous and unhindered branding as is the case of the urban people and thus, a small effort such as that of organizing a periodic mobile van branding will not only grab the attention of the majority of people because of its exuberance and music but is also a potent way to get people talking about your brand.
- The good, old newspaper advertising: The rural populace of India still attests great value and prestige to the printed source of media and thus, newspapers are their go-to option for their daily dose of news from the globe. A small section in the local newspapers will thus be a formidable step towards creating a loyal customer base of your brand.
- Announcing periodic discounts and sales: Needless to say, the village dwellers are not the most economically proficient consumers. Thus, regular announcement of sales and discounts is bound to draw in more buzz about the brand and win more customers in the long run by creating a good word-of-mouth review.
- Radio ads: Yes, radio still fares big in the fag interior villages of the state of Uttar Pradesh. Prime time radio ads especially in between the news shows is one great advertising move that you can ace to spread your brand to the faraway places of the state.
- Product demonstrations: Product demonstrations promote a one-on-one interaction of the villagers with the brand and create a better understanding of the functioning and the benefits of using the brand. Organizing interactive and fun demonstrative sessions will not only give the villagers a sense of gradual inclination towards your brand but will also help in laying a solid foundation for a thriving brand-customer relationship, one that will make your company and your business grow exponentially in the maximum number of villages in the state.
The key to success in rural marketing is to catch the fancy of the maximum number of people. Through interactive and entertaining branding media options, half of your battle towards achieving the goal of attaining a rural customer base will be realized. Rural marketing services have the potential to create a nationwide mobilization and sensationalization of your brand to generate an astounding brand value and consequently, yield revenue generation of a scale that will give your brand a status of being synonymous to the nation’s prestige and to its economic excellence.